Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Applesauce

Sunday I finally had time to make apple sauce. I picked apples with a friend weeks ago and haven't had time to do anything with them until today. Plus, I purchased fun, new toys to accessorize my Kitchen Aid Mixer and they have been nagging at me for weeks as well.

I cored and sliced my apples, boiled the apples peel and all then added them to THIS......


To answer your question...Yes, it is as fun as it looks. After placing the apples on the top shelf thingy you push them through with the pusher thingy. The apple pulp gets pushed through the sieve and the peel comes out the end which looks a lot like goose poop. You throw the peelings away of course but the pulp then can be seasoned with cinnamon and sugar or you can leave it natural too. I did a little of both because I like to use applesauce in place of oil when baking.

I really had a lot of fun playing with my new attachments and making yummy applesauce at the same time. It felt a lot like working a Willy Wonka machine or something. :)

For all you Martha Stewart's out there I know this doesn't look like much to you, but for me it was a big deal. I made home made applesauce from apples I picked myself from an apple orchard and then I canned them to eat later.

I loved it and plan to do it again next year. I even left a 1/2 bushel out to make apple pie and apple bread... YUMMY! I love fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment