Wednesday, July 8, 2009

God is With Me...


Who are we, that You would be mindful of us?
What do You see, that's worth looking our way?
We are free, in ways that we never should be.
Sweet release, from the grip of these chains.
Like hinges straining from the weight, my heart no longer can keep from singing.

[chorus]
All that is within me cries.
For You alone be glorified Emmanuel, God with us.
My heart sings a brand new song.
The debt is paid these chains are gone.
Emmanuel, God with us.

Lord You know, our hearts don't deserve Your glory.
Still You show, a love we cannot afford.
Like hinges straining from the weight, my heart no longer can keep from singing.

I know I said I would write about the 4th of July, however my heart keeps coming back to this song and my mind has been singing it all day. It is the song God With Us by Mercy Me.

Recently I have been feeling so undeserving of God's love. I have not been an obedient child nor have I been seeking Him the way I should, hence the path my mind has been leading me.

I know Satan has been whispering in my ear telling me how undeserving I am, telling me I am a horrible person and no earthly person could love someone like me much less than my Heavenly Father.

I also know the best way to beat Satan at his game is to quote scripture and tell Satan to "get thee behind me". So here it goes......


2Corinthians 4: 16-18...Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

Romans 8: 38-39.... For I am persuaded beyond doubt that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Psalm 36:7.... How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9....We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

James 4:7,8...Resist the Devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you.


Paul said it the best when he pleaded to the Lord 3 times to take away the messenger of Satan that was there to torment him. Although we are lead to believe Paul had a physical affliction which was Satan's messenger, I think this scripture can also be used for any affliction we may have whether it be physical, mental or circumstantial.

2Corinthians 12:9-10.... But the Lord said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Chris's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, than I am strong.

I do know I am loved by God and He is my refuge and my strength...... another song I sing quite often is You Never Let Go by Matt Redman ( I quoted this song in an earlier blog)

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?


I feel better already and plan to have a great day. Hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment