Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2009 Winter Storm


This is a photo of our deck in our back yard. We had quite the snow storm last week here in Ohio. We had two snow days for schools as well as two days of delays. Even Greg was home with us, we were amazed Wright Patterson Air Force Base was closed. He had one day of a delay as well. It made for a fun week of kicking back and watching the snow fall as a family.

Here is Greg hard at work clearing off the drive way. We received 3 inches of snow and then about a half inch of ice with another 4-5 inches on top of that. Greg had his work cut out for him even with a snow blower.
Murphy at first didn't like the snow. We had to push him out the back door to get him out to potty. After a little while, seeing the snow was not hurting the rest of us, he decided it wasn't all that bad.
This is Nick's favorite part. He LOVES ice cycles, the bigger the better. He had fun going out and pulling them down after the storm had ended and the temperatures started to warm up.

Here Nick is with his big ice cycle.


We enjoyed the time off and the nice break from school and work however it makes going back to the regular schedule all that much harder. We have a full work and school week this week. :( Although there is a silver lining to all of this. We are out of calamity days in our school district. If we get anymore snow days we will have to make them up at the end of the year. Sooooo, although we love the time off..... I would MUCH rather have the time off in June when the sun is shining and it is warm. :)

These pictures have nothing to do with the snow storm .....but I like the pictures, they make me smile so I am going to share. :)



Although winter can be long at times in Ohio I wouldn't change it for the world. I think living in Ohio has helped me appreciate each season God has give us. Just as a season is about to end I get restless and long for the next season to be upon us.

Very similar to life in general... I get restless at times in the seasons of my life and I want to push God to move me along to the next season. Sometimes I move to the next season without a hitch and sometimes God feels I need to stay in some seasons longer than others. Sometimes there are seasons of financial hardships, seasons of suffering the loss of loved ones, seasons of endless days of "can something please go right today?" but just like the long days of winter.... the sweet smell of spring is just around the corner. God is always there to remind me that He loves me and He would never leave me. This too will pass... you can do it... hang in there. Most of the time these words are spoken through my family or friends, and sometimes He is so clear through His word that it is as if He sat in my front room and spoke them to me Himself.

I embrace some seasons more than others.... but if it were not for the long days of winter...I wouldn't appreciate all the sweetness that comes along in the spring.

King Solomon wrote it well: Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Thank you Lord for all seasons.....in my life and in this wonderful state I call home. OH.....:)

This is a video of others who have been through their own seasons of suffering and God pulled them through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3qBt-INLq8

No comments:

Post a Comment