Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hope


Today while in church we sang a song which made my heart soar. It is one of my favorites and it brings great joy to me each and every time we sing it. You can hear the song on You Tube if you click HERE.

Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble?

Did you feel the mountains tremble?
Did you hear the oceans roar?
When the people rose to sing of
Jesus Christ the risen one

Did you feel the people tremble?
Did you hear the singers roar?
When the lost began to sing of
Jesus Christ the risen one

And we can see that God you're moving
A mighty river through the nations
And young and old will turn to Jesus
Fling wide your heavenly gates
Prepare the way of the risen Lord

Open up the doors and let the music play
Let the streets resound with singing
Songs that bring your hope
Songs that bring your joy
Dancers who dance upon injustice

Did you feel the darkness tremble?
When all the saints join in one song
And all the streams flow as one river
To wash away our brokeness

And here we see that God you're moving
A time of Jubilee is coming
When young and old return to Jesus
Fling wide your heavenly gates
Prepare the way of the risen Lord

This song makes me move both physically and spiritually. I will be one of those people dancing in the streets... God gave me the joy of dancing. If there is music playing.... I am moving. I can't see Him giving me this desire only to dance while I clean the house or to only dance once a year at the 107.7 Retro Prom. I WILL be dancing in heaven and it will be explosive.

This song gives me hope... hope of a place where all are happy. No hunger, no pain, no suffering or sadness. A place where loved ones will reunite and enemies embrace. A place where there will be no judgement or condemnation from people who have no right to condemn. This song makes me smile and rejuvenates my Hope.

I watched a very dear friend under go breast cancer surgery this past week. As I sat with her family in the waiting room while she was in surgery I was in a constant state of prayer. Prayer for the doctors, prayer for my friend, prayer that God would find it in His timing to allow us to hear good news from the surgeons. I had Hope.

As the surgeon came out of surgery I watched her son and husband walk over to hear the news. I am sure it felt like an eternity walking across the room to the surgeon. Those of us waiting behind watched the reaction on their face to find out if it was good news. We saw smiles and felt a rush of emotions. Surgery was a success and she was going to be OK; tears of joy were shed.

We all need hope. Hope of hearing good news, hope of the interview going well, hope of our families staying healthy, hope of a lasting marriage, hope of finding that special someone, hope of a lasting job, hope of being accepted, hope of tomorrow being a better day.

God gives us the ultimate hope.

Titus 1:2
A faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time....

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

During those times in our lives when things are not going so great He reminds us this is not all that there is. We do not have to wait for the surgery to be over to know the outcome. He has gone before us and our hope is in Him. We are free to live life because we know how the story ends....

...... If we are free to live for Him shouldn't there be a lot more love amongst us? Shouldn't we be living our lives grateful for the price of eternal life? Shouldn't there be a lot more grace?

Today I choose optimism, I choose forgiveness, I choose love and I choose hope over anything this world can try to give.

Some day I will dance upon injustice, I will sing songs that bring me joy and I cannot wait to feel those mountains tremble. How 'bout you?



No comments:

Post a Comment