Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving left overs...

Ok,.... apparently Thanksgiving left overs have a whole new meaning to me this year. I still have Thanksgiving decorations inside and out... and it is December 3rd. We ALWAYS put away our decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving, AND put up our Christmas decorations.

As you can see this blog is still decked out for Thanksgiving as well. I would like to say it is because I was overly thankful this year and didn't want to see Thanksgiving end. However, that would be a lie. I am lazy and I dread getting all the Christmas stuff out. I am in a festive mood and I am looking forward to Christmas this year but when I think of the whole ordeal of getting our Christmas stuff out.... well, I get sick to my stomach. I will share later, in another post, what all entails "getting the Christmas stuff out".

So, lets talk about left overs...... aside from all the Thanksgiving decorations still left over and all the food we STILL have in our frig... (how long can turkey stay in the frig and still be good???) We have left over memories from our Thanksgiving day.......

First, and most importantly, big decisions had to be made.... where should we sit?
Bring on the food.....




After dinner naps.....


After dinner games.... and some more napping.


Greg asked Maya what she was thankful for and she pointed to him......what a sweetie!


These are leftovers I am NOT fond of...


Round 2: Dessert with Greg's family

More Guitar Hero Band...now we even have vocals.


More napping/relaxing....


Greg's Uncle Dan, Aunt Robin and Cousin Dani came into town from KY and we had a nice time visiting/jamming with them.


Both Les and Dani are laughing in this photo... I am sure one of the adults messed up.


So after recapping our Thanksgiving Day, I guess it really is time to get moving.... we are in DECEMBER after all. I promise the next time you visit (unless you visit again in the next day or two) :) I will have Christmas spirit inside my home as well as on my blog. :) Hope your Turkey Day was as nice as ours.

I Thessalonians 5:16-18: Be Joyful always, pray continuously, give thanks in all circumstances (that is the tough one), for this is God's will for you through Christ Jesus.

We are so blessed, and even though my "left over" decorations have nothing to do with my measure of thankfulness.... I am sooooo thankful for all God has blessed me with, sometimes so much it is overwhelming.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world!! :-) No, it doesn't get better... it gets worse:-)


    I have to catch up but am looking forward to riding along!

    April

    ReplyDelete