Monday, July 19, 2010

I went Sky Diving....

This is the song Les has been singing when she mentions her sky diving adventure...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLS-Dvuqt8k.  It was quite an experience for all who was involved and not just my dad and Les who jumped.

Leslie's graduation gift from my dad was a gift of sky diving.  My mom purchased my dad a gift certificate to sky dive over 12 years ago.  He didn't use it until this year and Les wanted to go with him.  I must say I was not super pumped about the idea.   Les is our adrenaline junkie and if she was going to jump out of an airplane I thought it was better she did it with my dad because I sure wasn't going to do it with her.

We drove to Xenia for the jump. 


My dad and Les had to sign their life away while they watched a training video on what to do.


 
Then the instructions from her jump partner....
Then the gear....



 

Then we waited and waited...there was a weather delay and we all had to sit and wait for the storm to pass over.  It was very hot and muggy.  


Leslie's friend Tom came along to take pictures... he wasn't planning on a weather delay either.


Grandma trying out the hanging swing...
 c
 Leslie's parachute partner...

  
They were all set to go after an hour or so and just as they were getting ready to get on the plane another weather delay came across the radio.  We sat for at least another 1 and 40 minutes before the storm cleared enough for them to try again.  This time it was the real thing.

Heading out to the plane....

Getting on the plane....
Thumbs up... lets do this.


Peepaw is ready too...
 Goggles....
  
No turning back now...


There goes Peepaw...


One..... Two......

Threeeeeee......




Awesome!


Time to open the chute...


Here she comes...

Here comes Peepaw...


Wow, that was soooo cool...


Dad and Les running to meet one another after the jump..



We did it!


After a very long day of sitting in the heat and rain Les and Dad shared an amazing experience together.  One they will not soon forget.  We stood on the ground watching the plane climb higher and higher and was able to follow their chutes down to the ground.  I was happy when they were both safe, back on the ground where they belong. :)

Here is the video of Leslie's jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K_ACkSL7Ig


No comments:

Post a Comment